From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: foo uses runscript, please convert to openrc-run
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 19:51:17
1 On 2016-09-07 11:58, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > For example, /etc/init.d/sysklogd emits this message on one host but not
4 > the other. equery says this file is owned by the sysklogd package, as
5 > expected. Both hosts run the same version of sysklogd, namely
6 > app-admin/sysklogd-1.5.1.
7
8 Let me rephrase this, since some people responding (and I thank all of
9 them) seem to not understand.
10
11 The gist of my post and question is: sysklogd is _already_ the "fixed"
12 version on both hosts. Why has the upgrade brought the relevant file up
13 to date on one system and not the other?
16 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
17 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?