From: Novensiles divi Flamen <noven@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf question
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:30:30
1 On Friday 27 October 2006 20:51, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2 > Every time I boot my resolv.conf reverts to the original file with no name
3 > servers in it. Because I use my laptop in various places I have a series
4 > of resolv.conf files (resolv.conf.xx1, resolv.conf.xx2, etc) When I use a
5 > different network I just cp /etc/resolv.conf.xx1 /etc/resolv.conf Now I'm
6 > having to do this every morning after boot even though I'm on the same
7 > network. Why does it keep reverting to this old file? How do I stop it?
8 > I've looked in the directory /etc/ but I cant see any file like
9 > resolv.conf.old or resolv.conf.tmp Where is it getting this empty file
10 > from? --
11
12 Do you have 'dhcp_eth0="nodns" ' in your /etc/conf.d/net file? This problem
13 came up recently with someone else, can't confirm whether it was the nodns
14 option or a different one (possibly "notcp", which I can't find documented)
15 but after removing that line his problem went away.
16
17 - Noven
18 --
19 >-- Novensiles divi Flamen --<