From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT vm WinXp] Can WinXp be Vm app from gentoo?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:11:02
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
2
3 > · reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> How can I go about running a VM on gentoo that runs win XP pro?
6 >
7 > I don't understand the question.
8
9 Nothing new there...
10
11 [...]
12
13 >> I do have a couple of WinXP pro licenses but hoped there might be a
14 >> ready made VMappliance I can just download and fireup.
15 >
16 > Download Windows XP? Do you actually assume, that somebody
17 > will now post a link to some Warez site, or what?
18
19 Apparantly, after downloading `Warez', I'd then use the License
20 numbers off the Full WinXP Pro cds I posted about to run them.
21 What a concept...Very clever pirate indeed.
22
23 Apparently Daevid hadn't gotten his post on line before you responed.
24
25 ==============
26
27 "Daevid Vincent" <daevid@××××××.com> writes:
28
29 [...]
30
31 > You can hunt here and maybe find something:
32 > http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/
33 >
34 > For example,
35 > http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/649
38 > Is a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition Virtual
39 > Appliance
40
41 Nice... thanks for url and tips.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list