From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: was [gentoo-user] Re: New xorg.conf with x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5 now old nvidia drivers
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 05:00:35
1 > > For you guys with older hardware/drivers, have you tried
2 > turning on CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS and recompiling the kernel
3 > to see if its helps? (Kernel hacking -> Enable
4 > unused/obsolete exported symbols).
5 <snip>
6 > That is a good find. I can't say that it is the problem but
7 > it was not
8 > enabled on my kernel but it is now. I'll try to test this later on as
9 > well. This sounds like what the error was reporting it
10 > couldn't find. This could work.
11
12 If it does work it would be worth a bug report to get the nvidia ebuild(s) updated similar to the ati ones;
13
14 # grep -i symbol ati-drivers-8.593.ebuild
15 if kernel_is ge 2 6 26 && ! linux_chkconfig_present UNUSED_SYMBOLS; then
16 ewarn "You have to Enable unused/obsolete exported symbols in Kernel hacking section of kernel config for fglrx to load"