From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plasmashell becomes sluggish with 100% CPU usage
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 21:53:22
1 On 2022-05-24 13:20, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Anyone noticed anything lately with plasmashell? I think it started
3 > happening after Qt was upgraded from 5.15.3 to 5.15.4. At login, the
4 > desktop is very unresponsive and sluggish. Mouse clicks take over a
5 > second to register.
6 >
7 > The plasmashell process is hogging one core of the CPU to almost 100%.
8 > It only happens on login. Logging out and back in again usually fixes it.
12 I've had this problem for at least 2 years, can't find the cause. I
13 sleep/resume a lot and figured it was some race condition.
14
15 I have a Konsole shell auto-open one resume or logon so I can drop to
16 the shell and issue `killall plasmashell && plasmashell &`.
17
18 I've even tried starting with a fresh home directory and have not seen a
19 difference. I don't use any plugins either.
20
21 Do you have an nvidia card? This machine that constantly has this issue
22 does, but my laptop (intel graphics) does not.
23
24 Dan