From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel vs kernel manual compilation
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:45:48
1 On Freitag, 31. August 2007, Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:41:19 -0400
3 >
4 > Ryan Sims wrote:
5 > > On 8/31/07, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > > > Really, I like to read people's opinion about genkernel, but no one
10 > > > has tried to answer my question yet.
11 > >
12 > > In my first reply, I suggested looking at a diff between your config
13 > > and genkernel's config. How did that turn out?
14 >
15 > Mmm... I though I answered that.
16 > at conceptual level, I did a gunzip and moved original 2.6.12
17 > genkernel's /proc/config.gz to .config and then, make oldconfig in new
18 > 2.6.21 sources dir (/usr/src/linux link dir).
19 >
20 > So, I should do a diff between my new .config after make oldc onfig,
21 > and currently config generated by genkernel... but has it sense? I
22 > mean, what differneces could be between them? does genekenrel something
23 > differnet to make oldconfig?¿
24
25 a lot. there has changed a lot of stuff between .12 and .21
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list