From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: mansour.alakeel@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can not update @world
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:09:57
1 On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 02:46:45 -0500
2 Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I haven't updated my portage tree for a while.
5 > I tried to update recently but got some conflicts. So I removed some
6 > packages manually.
7 > This didnt' solve the issue. So I decided to remove all the masked
8 > packages that I unmasked.
9 > To do so, I moved package.mask and package.accept_keyword, and did a
10 > --autounmask-write. And added:
11 > >gnome-base/gnome-2.32.1-r2:2.0
12 >
13 > to package.mask to prevent gnome3 from being pulled.
14
15 You need to keep masking GNOME 3 stuff that pops up then; but note
16 though, that GNOME 2 is near the end of its times so it might be
17 removed some point in the future.
20 With kind regards,
21
22 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
23 Gentoo Developer
24
25 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
26 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
27 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D