From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde wont log in user
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:06:01
1 ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I know I'm coming in half way here, but have you logged in using kdm or
5 > just straight in via the cli?
6
7 The kdm display manager will let me log in and start kde4.
8 I can ssh in or kill off xdm and log in on console just fine.
11 If I use the old org.conf file, it boot but the kdm login manager
12 app never starts and It does not allow login on console. It is
13 a dell laptop. I think the xorg.conf file needs work, but,
14 it's only a guess.
17 James