From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kmail and incorrect character encoding
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:18:39
1 My son recently started complaining that my replies to his emails caused his
2 computer to prompt for the system disk and showed up blank. (He uses Windows
3 and Outlook, unfortunately.) If I send him a new email, it works find. If I
4 reply to his, it causes problems.
5
6 I took a look at my replies to him and found this:
7
8 Content-Type: text/plain;
9 charset="iso-8859-6"
10
11 I looked at his email, to which I was replying, and found:
12
13 Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
14 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01C76655.354C13A0"
15
16 There is no charset line in his email headers.
17
18 Anyone have a clue as to why Kmail might be setting the reply to charset:
19 iso-8859-6, which is Arabic? I can't find anything in his emails to cause
20 this.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list