From: Josh Lemerand <emptykatharsis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networkmanager emerged, system unstable
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 21:23:29
1 On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:25:00 -0400
4 > Josh Lemerand <emptykatharsis@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > " nmcli dev wifi con "Cafe Hotspot 1" password caffeine name "My cafe"
7 > >
8 > > creates a new connection named "My cafe" and thenconnects it to "Cafe
9 > > Hotspot 1" SSID using password "caffeine". This is mainly useful when
10 > > connecting to "Cafe Hotspot 1" for the first time. Next time, it is
11 > > better to use 'nmcli con up id "My cafe"' so that the existing
12 > > connection profile can be used and no additional is created."
13 >
14 > Thanks. Are there any ways to scan for available wi-fi hotspots in nmcli?
17 > > from the nmcli man page.