From: Andrew Frink <andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bonehead mistake
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:22:31
1 On 9/2/06, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
2 >
3 > > On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 23:27:44 -0400
4 > > "Colleen Beamer" <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote the words:
5 > >> I was told that there was a new version of gcc
6 > >> and that it would be installed into a new slot.
7 > >> I know that gcc is a compiler & without a compiler
8 > >> things just don't want to compile.
9 > >> However, I removed it anyway and even ignored the error message
10 > >> that it was part of my profile and could damage my system.
11 > >> Is there a way to fix things without having to reinstall my whole
12 > system?
13 >
14 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~avenj/bins/
15 >
16 > --
17 > ========================,,============================================
18 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 > --
22 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
26 also if to have the space look into the buildpackage feature, it makes a
27 binary package of everything you emerge. very nice for when you do stuff
28 like that ^^^^^^^
29
30 Andrew