From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] multilib - do I need it?
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 17:13:29
1 Hi,
2
3 How does one know previously which packages will require 32 bit ABI ?
4
5 I have two systems (among others) to consider: one is very simple, built
6 using as fewer packages as possible, it is the development system for an
7 embedded equipment, and it is 64 bit ABI only - no multilib; the other is
8 a general purpose workstation, with lots of packages, and someday, by some
9 forgotten reason, I needed to install emul-linux-* .
10
11 Now I'm willing to change the profile to no-multilib, I have found that a
12 lot of packages require to be rebuilt for 32 bit ABI. Is there a way of
13 checking which are the packages requiring 32 bit ABI?
16 Thanks,
17 Francisco