From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Starting with profile 17.1
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:42:58
1 On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 22:58:24 BST mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
2 wrote:
3 > As I'm doing a new install anyway is there any problem with using profile
4 > 17.1 from the start that i should know about? Any big confusing problems
5 > that is, "minor" stuff i can be a little patient with.
6
7 I've installed a new system and the stage-3 I used did not have the 17.1
8 profile applied yet. As soon as I chroot'ed into the newly downloaded stage 3
9 fs, I sync'ed portage and then followed the instructions in the latest news
10 article for migrating to the 17.1 profile. This was quick and easy to do,
11 since I had not installed any packages yet. Once this was completed I duly
12 followed the steps in the gentoo handbook as normal.
13
14 I understand releng were about to prepare a new stage 3 and live media with
15 profile 17.1, but I don't know if this has been released yet. Either way, if
16 you find /lib32 and /usr/lib32 in your stage 3, just do as I did early in the
17 installation and you'll make light work of it.
20 Regards,
21 Mick