From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why bash script, that works in "Debian", does not work on "Gentoo" install CD?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 20:44:29
1 On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 00:57:41 +0700, Ста Деюс wrote:
2
3 > > Can you attach to bash script you are running and the exact error
4 > > messages? It is hard to say (at least for me) without seeing it; bash
5 > > to bash portability issues are something I have never heard of. As a
6 > > guess there are a variety of options you can change while running in
7 > > the interpreter with the "set" command that can also be set in
8 > > configuration files or the command line. Also possible is that the
9 > > install CD contains a gimped version of bash, but typically then it's
10 > > not called bash. It could also be running it with "set -o posix" for
11 > > some reason.
12 >
13 > The script itself is of not interest -- it is just particulars -- that
14 > i can change even right on the target machine, though it is hard to do
15 > for many lines and w/o mcedit at least, not to say graphical editor --
16 > w/ the everywhere existing nano! :o)
17
18 How do you know that the contents of the script are not relevant when you
19 don't know what the problem is? It is also useful to know the exact
20 version of bash in use on each system. There are subtle differences, and
21 bugs, between bash versions. Your script may be tripping up on one of
22 these.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Press every key to continue.