From: Daniel Vrcic <daniel.vrcic@××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to set an application to be on all workspaces?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:27:19
1 * Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com> [05-10-15 19:20]:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > This is more of a general linux question, but in fluxbox how do you set a
5 > program to be on all workspaces. I am using engage (from enlightenment) as a
6 > toolbar but when run from the fluxbox startup file, it will only be shown on
7 > workspace 1. The program itself doesnt seem to have an option "show on all
8 > workspaces" so is there another way to get it on all other workspaces.
9 >
10 > Cheers
11
12 This is what I have in my $HOME/.fluxbox/apps file regarding to have
13 xpad on all workspaces:
14
15 [app] (xpad)
16 [Dimensions] {193 143}
17 [Position] (UPPERLEFT) {6 695}
18 [Deco] {NONE}
19 [FocusHidden] {no}
20 [Sticky] {yes}
21 [Close] {yes}
22 [end]
23
24 Notice the "[Sticky] {yes}" line.
25
26 Application name (xpad) is taken from the first window WM_CLASS
27 attribute. You can get it by typing "xprop WM_CLASS" in the prompt and
28 then pointing the cursor to your running application.
31 Daniel Vrcic
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list