From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:25:47
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:37:44AM +0000, trevor donahue wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 > I'm experiencing a major problem right now. I've been using gentoo for
4 > several months now and I simply lllooove it!
5 > So here's the thing. When I use gentoo for a long time, even without
6 > updating the current pack of installed software (emerge -uD world), I am
7 > left without disk space... In situations like this I start deleting
8 > /var/tmp/*, /tmp/*, /usr/portage/distfiles/*, maybe do even a
9 > revdep-rebuild to fix something, but even then I'm left with no more then
10 > 100 mb, which obviously is not enough ...
11 > So this time I googled a bit and I deleted all the /usr/share/doc/ and this
12 > left me with 2.5 gb of space (wow).
13
14 My usual suspect for disk space in /usr/share/doc is kdelibs, with the
15 doc use flag turned on it installs the whole kde api documentation,
16 which takes a lot of space ... so I either set -doc for
17 kde-base/kdelibs, or just set -doc globally and just enable it for
18 things i now I might need... (note that that won't remove all of the
19 /usr/share/doc dirs / files, but removes most of the large ones...)
22 yoyo
26 > So the questions are ... in cases like this, what should be done? what is
27 > storing this much space? logs?