From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot compile sendmail in new gentoo installation
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 17:10:50
1 On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:47:53 -0500,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > On 11/13/19 9:51 PM, John Covici wrote:
5 > > Hi. I am trying to create a new installation as a chroot from
6 > > my previous one since I don't have another box at hand and
7 > > don't want to take this one down for several days to recompile
8 > > everything. Now I am stuck trying to emerge sendmail. I
9 > > cannot emerge 8.15.2 nor 8.14.9. The last time I emerged
10 > > successfully was under gcc 8.3.0 and so I tried emerging that
11 > > but sendmail will not compile. I have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86
12 > > ~amd64" .
13 >
14 > I can't comment on the specific problem you're having. But I can
15 > say that sendmail-8.15.2-r2 successfully (re)compiled (emerge
16 > -DuNe @world) this past weekend on a current system without any
17 > problems.
18 I believe you, its something to do with those macros and if you look
19 at your successful compile you will see instead of errors it will say
20 RES_USE_INET6 is depricated, but it will continue, wish it would do
21 that in mine.
24 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
25 How do
26 you spend it?
27
28 John Covici wb2una