From: "Gregory M. Turner" <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Activities
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 04:09:09
1 On Saturday 27 December 2014 09:43:47 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Morning list,
3 >
4 > Is there a way to build KDE without its concept of Activities? I find it an
5 > unnecessary complication, which I never use. Any time I found myself
6 > wrestling with it by accident it's caused little other than anger and
7 > frustration.
8 >
9 > No doubt this is just as silly an idea as building KMail without its
10 > database, which also has caused considerable grief.
11
12 +1
13
14 Don't understand it. Don't want to. Really hate when I press the wrong
15 button, it does some crazy inscrutable bullshit, and I have to figure out how
16 to escape from it with my desktop intact.
17
18 Probably I just want to check my email, or whatever, and all of a sudden, it's
19 like some ridiculous bridge troll is posing riddles to me and threatening to
20 blow up my desktop if I answer wrong.
21
22 After quickly ducking this, I'm not optimistic. This is particularly
23 discouraging: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=91160
24
25 Sounds an awful lot like the cashew/virtuoso/etc. If history is any guide,
26 they'll never change it, no matter how nicely we ask, nor how carefully we
27 construct the patches to make it optional.
28
29 -gmt