From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with open source driver Devolo dLAN USB
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:16:07
1 Am Montag 25 Juni 2007 23:52 schrieb Alex Schuster:
2 > I am confused now. I tried another system, and get the same error as you.
3 > But my source of devolo_usb.c looks different from yours.
4 >
5 > Florian Philipp writes:
6 > > Am Montag 25 Juni 2007 17:23 schrieb Alex Schuster:
7 > > > Florian Philipp writes:
8 > > >
9 > > > [...]
10 > > >
11 > > > > #include </usr/include/linux/config.h>
12 >
13 > Here I have the same include files, but with a local path (linux) instead
14 > of /usr/include/linux:
15 >
16 > #include <linux/config.h>
17 >
18 > While I do have /usr/include/linux/config.h, it is not being used. I
19 > have /usr/src/linux/include/linux/config.h on one machine, but not on the
20 > other, where compiling fails. Both machines use gentoo-sources. 2.6.18-r2
21 > has it, 2.6.20-r7 does not. Seems it has become obslete, a comment in the
22 > file states this, too. Anyway, it seems to be the same
23 > as /usr/include/linux/config.h, so can just copy or symlink this one.
24 >
25 > #ifndef _LINUX_CONFIG_H
26 > #define _LINUX_CONFIG_H
27 > /* This file is no longer in use and kept only for backward compatibility.
28 > * autoconf.h is now included via -imacros on the commandline
29 > */
30 > #include <linux/autoconf.h>
31 >
32 > #endif
33 >
34 > Alex
35
36 Ooops, seems I've attached the wrong file. I played around with it before
37 sending an email. Just remove the "/usr/include" in every include command and
38 you get the original.
39 Anyway, it doesn't make things better. If I change the include line to
40 linux/autoconf.h, the other errors do not disappear.
41
42 For me it seems like the shared libraries are not compatible any longer.
43 Something in usb_fill_bulk_urb changed.