From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: update - was 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 06:27:46
1 > > Though I've run memtest86 two day ago and 17-passes went without any
2 > > errors.
5 > How may ram modules do you have, any spares? Maybe you can stress test them one at a time.
6 >
7 > Zac
8
9 I have two memory sticks; and yes I run them individually as well.
10 Though Francesco made good pointer. I'll borrow two sticks from another
11 machine and try to run it as well.
12 -------- quote------
13 Sometimes memtest doesn't stress enough the hardware, see:
14 http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
15 ------- end quote-----
16 along with Bob, who pointed me to some good gentoo hardware utility the
17 I possibly will be able to run tomorrow.
18 It is definitely a hardware problem.
19 I'll let you know once I find out.
22 #Joseph
23 --