From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD and changing permissions
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:41:49
1 On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:10:12 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I re-emerged udev and noticed this little foot note:
4 >
5 > mount options for directory /dev are no longer
6 > set in /etc/udev/udev.conf, but in /etc/fstab
7 > as for other directories.
8 >
9 > I don't have anything in fstab for /udev. This is what mount reports:
10
11 Neither do I, even on a brand new, up to date install.
12
13 > root@smoker / # mount
14 > udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid)
15
16 /dev is mounted, which is what matters. If /dev were not mounting you'd
17 have far more serious problems that reading DVDs.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 New Klingon hair salon: "Today is a good day to dye"