From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID-1 on secondary disks how?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 16:32:31
1 On 01/29/2019 09:08 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > I'd rather not have to create an initramfs if I can avoid it. Would it
3 > be sensible to start the raid volume by putting an mdadm --assemble
4 > command into, say, /etc/local.d/raid.start? The machine doesn't boot
5 > from /dev/md0.
6
7 Drive by comment.
8
9 I thought there was a kernel option / command line parameter that
10 enabled the kernel to automatically assemble arrays as it's
11 initializing. Would something like that work for you?
12
13 I have no idea where that is in the context of what you're working on.
18 Grant. . . .
19 unix || die