From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hibernation
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:43:57
1 On Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:32:10 AM Michael Vetter wrote:
2 > Hello there,
3 >
4 > I use i3 as my window manager and use xfce4-power-manager for saving
5 > battery and stuff on my laptop. Today I tried "hibernation" for the
6 > first time and realized: it does not work.
7 >
8 > All I did so far was installing fce4-power-manager selecting some
9 > sections in kernel config that seemed necessary and installed polkit.
10 >
11 > However when I close my notebook's lid (I configured xfce4-power-manager
12 > to switch into hibernation in this case) it shuts down, but when i press
13 > the start button, it just does a normal restart.
14 > What am I missing?
15 >
16 > Michael
17
18 To test hibernate try the following:
19
20 1) Stop all important stuff
21 2) run the following as root:
22 # echo disk > /sys/power/state
23
24 If this works, then you can try to configure a power management tool.
25 Please also ensure you only have 1 power management tool configured.
28 Joost