From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ccache: unsupported compiler option
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:54:29
1 > I'm trying to find out why ccache won't cache anything. Building and
2 > maintaining for three months an entire system got me all of 5 cache
3 > hits. What can I do to encourace more cache usage? One of the methods
4 > I'm investigating is to determine and eliminate CFLAGS arguments that
5 > may cause 'unsupported compiler option' to be incremented. Is there
6 > anything else I can try?
7 >
8 > # ccache -s
9 > cache directory /var/tmp/ccache
10 > cache hit 5
11 > cache miss 153
12 > called for link 14836
13 > multiple source files 87
14 > compile failed 2
15 > preprocessor error 1732
16 > bad compiler arguments 1
17 > not a C/C++ file 4774
18 > autoconf compile/link 28079
19 > unsupported compiler option 2569
20 > no input file 8965
21 > files in cache 306
22 > cache size 4.3 Mbytes
23 > max cache size 2.5 Gbytes
24 >
25 > # grep CFLAGS /etc/make.conf
26 > CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -mtune=athlon64 -m64 -O3 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe"
27 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
28
29 Have you tried http://gentoo-wiki.com/Ccache?
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list