From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Tragic kernel building for vmware gentoo guest on WinXP
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:10:11
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>> Mick wrote:
5 >>>> On Thursday 11 December 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
6 >>>>
7 >>>>> Clone that config:
8 >>>>>
9 >>>>> make cloneconfig
10 >>>> How does this compare to make oldconfig?
11 >>> It doesn't, because it doesn't even exist. I meant "oldconfig" here :P
12 >>>
13 >>> (openSUSE has a cloneconfig target and I got it mixed up here. Sorry.)
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> Bummer. I thought we had a new toy to play with. :-(
19 >> Dale
20 >>
21 >> :-) :-)
22 >
23 > The target is nothing special, really. It just does:
24 >
25 > zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
26 > make oldconfig
31 I was talking about the cloneconfig part. When I read that command, I
32 thought we had a new toy. Then he came back and burst my bubble. lol
33 There is no cloneconfig after all.
34
35 Dale
36