From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home doesn't umount on shutdown
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:10:19
1 On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:57:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On the rare occasion when I reboot or shut this laptop down, it
4 > continually and consistently gets stuck on one of the final steps, to
5 > umount /home
6
7 If you logout as your user(s) so only root is logged in, does lsof show
8 any hits for /home?
9
10 I had a similar problem with my MythTV backend failing to unmount /var.
11 It turned out that mythbackend was failing to shutdown but openrc carried
12 on trying to shutdown. If I make sure mythbackend really is stopped, the
13 reboot proceeds normally, which is much better since I had to go into the
14 loft to reboot the box manually,
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said...
21 "Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a
22 blanket And sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket."