From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Messed up system time caused messed up file modification times...
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:10:33
1 On Monday 25 January 2010 18:05:14 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I've just rebuilt my new machine this morning playing with
4 > different ways to do things. Unfortunately I went sort of fast and
5 > forgot to set date/time/timezone. (Doing too much from memory this
6 > time.) Now when I try to set the system time to local and the hardware
7 > clock to Pacific time and turn on ntp-client/ntpd I'm getting lots of
8 > complaints about modification times in the future.
9 >
10 > This is completely my mistake and I can start over and fix it in a
11 > couple of hours but I'm wondering if there's an easy way out of this?
12
13 Unless your atimes were wildly out I think that it should at some point settle
14 down and stop complaining. Have you rebooted since?
17 Regards,
18 Mick