From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why sci-libs/vtk asks for media-video/nvidia-settings ?
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 10:44:44
1 2016-01-05 16:39 GMT-02:00 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:35:52 -0200, Francisco Ares wrote:
4 >
5 > > What should I do? Although not entirely satisfied in using a
6 > > closed-source driver, and as far as I know, the alternative
7 > > xf86-video-nouveau isn't as complete.
8 >
9 > What's wrong with trying nouveau? It works fine for me but you can
10 > always switch back if it doesn't suit you.
13 > --
14 > Neil Bothwick
15 >
16 > I distinctly remember forgetting that.
19 Thanks, Neil.
20
21 According to this site:
22
23 http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix/
24
25 nouveau is not complete on OpenCL (not OpenGL) implementation.
26
27 Not sure if it could be enough, though. Gonna do some tests...
28
29 Best regards,
30 Francisco