From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer isn't working. Help, please!
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 23:46:28
1 On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Evening, Experts!
3 >
4 > My printer isn't printing.
5 >
6 > More precisely, when in CUPS 1.5.2 (localhost:631), CUPS fails to find
7 > the printer. When I click on "Find New Printers" it comes back with
8 > "Available Printers - No Printers Found.".
9 >
10 > My system has been like this since I converted back from mdev to udev.
11 > Though I have just built Linux 3.3.8 in the hope that a new kernel build
12 > would help. ;-(.
13 >
14 > Help would be most appreciated.
15
16 What kind of printer? How is it connected to the computer?
17
18 What USE flags do you have enabled for the CUPS build? If you
19 re-emerge CUPS, it will spit some warnings at you if it detects
20 problems with your kernel configuration.
23 :wq