From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: git wants a password to portage sync
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 22:35:50
1 On 2017-12-06 05:53, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > No, all machines are set up as keyless ssh - git has never needed it
4 > there. In frustration I created keys and set portage up as a keyless
5 > ssh account as well, no change.
6
7 ssh messages are sometimes misleading. For instance, ssh would say
8 something like "pubkey authentication failed" when in fact I prohibited
9 root logins on the server.
10
11 I'd try connecting with bare ssh as the user in question, with maximum
12 verbosity turned on (-vvv).
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.