From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openrc fails
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:48:39
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 10/10/2010 03:17 AM, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
3 >> I have A problem on my gentoo server (but not my gentoo laptop, which is
4 >> bizzare as they together have the same release of system basic
5 >> packages !).
6 >>
7 >> At launching default runlevel, several services appear to be not
8 >> launched
9 >> whereas they are ! This concerns proftpd, mysql and console-kit (and all
10 >> services dependant of course).
11 >>
12 >> For exemple, when launching proftpd, openrc says :
13 >>
14 >> * Starting ProFTPD ...
15 >> * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/proftpd is already running
16 >> [ !! ]
17 >> * ERROR: proftpd failed to start
18 >>
19 >> mysql :
20 >> * "/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid" is still present and the process is
21 >> running.
22 >> * Please stop it "kill 5478" maybe ?
23 >> [ !! ]
24 >> * ERROR: mysql failed to start
25 >>
26 >> I have set :
27 >> rc_parallel="NO"
28 >> rc_depend_strict="YES"
29 >>
30 >> Anyone have an idea where to start to solve the problem ?
31 >
32 > When you stop the machine do you see any messages about services that
33 > fail
34 > to stop? Any reason to suspect that those *.pid files don't get deleted?
35 >
36 > You could try booting into single-user mode to see if those *.pid files
37 > really are still there from the previous session.
38 >
39 > Do the two machines run the same version of baselayout?
42 Does the zap option exist in openrc? That may get rid of the pid file too.
43
44 Just a thought.
45
46 Dale