From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: qt3support: only in /etc/make.conf, never in /etc/portage/package.use
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 16:07:49
1 On Mon, 03 May 2010 17:30:02 +0200, Grant Edwards wrote about
2 [gentoo-user] Re: qt3support: only in /etc/make.conf, never
3 in /etc/portage/package.use:
4
5 >On 2010-05-03, David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com> wrote:
6 [snip]
7 >> Specifically, it applies to:
8 >>
9 >> x11-libs/qt-core
10 >> x11-libs/qt-gui
11 >> x11-libs/qt-opengl
12 >> x11-libs/qt-sql
13 >>
14 >> Enable it for all 4 and you will have Qt 3.x support for all Qt app's
15 >> that are satisfied by the backwards compatibility support in Qt 4.x.
16 >
17 >The problem is that if you don't have qt3 support, Portage tells you
18 >to enable qt3support for _one_ of those packages. If you do exactly
19 >what portage tells you (enable it for that one package), then portage
20 >will complain and tell you to disable it for that package. At least
21 >that's what always seemed to happen for me.
22
23 I think you need to install the euses command, if you have not already
24 done so; its package name is the same as its command name. If you then
25 run:
26 euses qt3support
27 it will tell you exactly which packages are candidates for the USE
28 flag. It sorts out lots of Portage's vagaries in this area.
29 --
30 Regards,
31
32 Dave [RLU #314465]