From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mcview (mc -v) stopped working after glib update
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:49:36
1 On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Weird problem this one. I updated to sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201 (from
3 > 2.8_p20080602) and everything appears to be just fine. With one exception:
4 > viewing files in Midnight Commander's built-in viewer doesn't work anymore.
5 > Pressing F3 (View) does nothing. Calling `mcview` or `mc -v file` also
6 > does nothing; the application simply exits with no error messages (or any
7 > other messages; just nothing).
8 >
9 > Anyone encountered this? I've rebuild mc of course and revdep-rebuild shows
10 > all is OK.
11
12 Also maybe you can try strace to see if anything unusual happens at
13 the end before it exits...
14
15 paul