From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Separate /usr partition
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 17:57:59
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 11:16 AM Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > 1. dracut: 90crypt: Could not find any command of '/lib/systemd/systemd-
5 > cryptsetup cryptsetup'!
6 >
7 > ...and similar for bluetooth.
8 >
9 > What do I have to include in /etc/dracut.conf.d/mine.conf to silence these? I
10 > already omit the relevant modules:
11 >
12 > $ grep -e crypt -e blue /etc/dracut.conf.d/mine.conf
13 > omit_dracutmodules+=" bluetoothd "
14 > omit_dracutmodules+=" systemd-cryptsetup "
15 > omit_dracutmodules+=" cryptsetup "
18 There are no modules by any of those names, so these config settings
19 are a no-op.
20
21 systemd-cryptsetup is called by the crypt module
22 There is also a bluetooth module.
23
24 Modules are located in /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d.
25
26 I suspect the output of dracut mentions the names of the modules it is
28 about what it is doing.
29
30 For the most part modules tend to be automagic. Each one figures out
31 if you're using it, and installs stuff if needed, and if not it
32 no-ops. So if it can't find cryptsetup then it won't go trying to put
33 support for it in the initramfs. I do get though that people prefer
34 to have commands avoid output in a successful state, so omitting those
35 modules should do the trick.
36
37 Dracut modules are pretty simple in their operation. They all have a
38 module-setup.sh script which is run by dracut and which does any
39 logic, tells dracut what to install in the initramfs, and which
40 registers scripts to run during various phases of boot. I haven't
41 looked at them in ages but I did write up this article on how they
42 work: https://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/a-quick-dracut-module/
45 Rich