From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slotted PHP behavior
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 06:42:47
1 On 01/04/11 14:42, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > Thank you, that fixed it. I'm getting some errors in squirrelmail but
4 > functionality seems to be intact.
5 >
6 > Since things seem to be working with php-5.3.4, how can I get rid of
7 > the older version of php that must be installed in another slot? I'm
8 > hoping that simplifies things a bit. PHP on Gentoo just got more
9 > complicated and all I need out of it is squirrelmail. Actually, I
10 > wish there was a decent webmail client that didn't depend on PHP at
11 > all so I could remove it.
12 >
13 > - Grant
16 The slotting is just for major versions, so you probably don't have two
17 installed (you most likely went from 5.3.3 to 5.3.4).
18
19 But watch out -- after the eselect, you'll need to move your php.ini
20 from e.g. /etc/php/apache2 to /etc/php/apache2-php5.3.