From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libpng15: fltk & graphicsmagick failed to build
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:20:45
1 On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> [11-10-17 18:40]:
3 >> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM,  <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 >> > Hi,
5 >> >
6 >> > after updating to lipng15 and rebuilding all needed stuff, fltk
7 >> > and graphicsmagick exhibit build failures:
8 >> >
9 >>
10 >> I got similar errors for some other package on my wife's machine last
11 >> night. In that case they were solved by using the ~amd64 version of
12 >> the package.
13 >>
14 >> - Mark
17 > ...and I thought, the credo is "dont mix 'em"....
18 >
19 > Best regards,
20 > mcc
21
22 BTW - It was dev-lang/R that I had this problem with.
23
24 In general, don't mix 'em. I agree.
25
26 However things gotta work and there doesn't seem to be a consistent
27 release process so that when the Gentoo devs release a common library
28 as 'stable' they also ensure that _every_ app that uses the library
29 runs with that library. I think that's what's happened here. It's
30 mostly OK, but there are a few things that still point at 1.4,
31
32 Now, in general, don't mix 'em, but here's my package.keywords file
33 for my compute server::
34
35 mark@c2stable ~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.keywords
36 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources ~amd64
37 sys-apps/portage ~*
38 app-portage/eix ~amd64
39 app-emulation/virtualbox ~amd64
40 app-emulation/virtualbox-modules ~amd64
41 app-emulation/virtualbox-additions ~amd64
42 app-emulation/virtualbox-extpack-oracle ~amd64
43 x11-drivers/xf86-video-virtualbox ~amd64
44 x11-drivers/xf86-input-virtualbox ~amd64
45 app-emulation/vmware-modules ~amd64
46 app-emulation/vmware-tools ~amd64
47 app-emulation/vmware-player ~amd64
48 x11-libs/libview ~amd64
49 sci-libs/ta-lib ~amd64
50 sys-power/cpufrequtils ~amd64
51 media-libs/tiff ~amd64
52 dev-util/nvidia-cuda-toolkit ~amd64
53 dev-util/nvidia-cuda-sdk ~amd64
54 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers ~amd64
55 media-video/nvidia-settings ~amd64
56 dev-util/codeblocks ~amd64
57 x11-misc/read-edid ~amd64
58 net-im/skype ~amd64
59 app-forensics/chkrootkit ~amd64
60 dev-lang/R ~amd64
61 dev-util/kbuild ~amd64
62 mark@c2stable ~ $
63
64 Most of this is due to me wanting newer versions but I think a few may
65 not have stable versions at all, or didn't when I first installed
66 them.
67
68 - Mark