From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Difficulties to acchieve a certain time period with fcron
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 16:13:02
1 Hi,
2
3 probably I have made a knot into my brain...
4
5 What I want is, that fcron executes a script every 14 days. It does
6 not matter, when to execute the script, since I cannot guarantee that
7 my PC is running exactly at that time.
8
9 I tried
10
11 &b(1),mailto(root) * * */14 * * /home/user/bin/script.sh
12
13 Which "works" according to this: On the 28.th the script was
14 executed every miinute...
15
16 But: If I specivy anything for the minute/hour field, it means:
17 Do execute the script exeactly THEN. And this in turn I dont want.
18
19 Which places my thoughts again right at the beginning of the cyclus...
20
21 I am makeing definetly something very wrong here...but I the logic
22 seems to prevent me to do the rigth ting...
23
24 Or I am currently struck with blindness??
25
26 Any help will be very appreciated!
27 ;)
28