From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screensaver problem
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 16:00:24
1 On 2021.10.09 01:29, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I have Xscreensaver started by .xinit & it runs as it should ;
3 > each saver is set to run for 3 min . When I'm asleep, I kill
4 > Xscreensaver
5 > & the monitor blanks after 5 min , which is also what is expected.
6 >
7 > However, something is telling the monitor to blank after 5 min ,
8 > even when Xscreensaver is running. The 1st saver runs for 3 min ,
9 > then the next one starts & runs for 2 min , then the screen blanks.
10 > When I hit a key or move the mouse, the screen wakes up
11 > & if there's no activity for 5 min Xscreensaver takes over
12 > & the savers run for 5 min before the screen blanks again.
13 > Instead, the savers should run continually till activity resumes.
14 >
15 > Can anyone suggest what is telling the monitor to blank after 5 min
16 > regardless of whether Xscreensaver is running or not ?
17 I don't really have an answer, but try "xset -q" and look at the
18 results for both Screen Saver and for DPMS. I don't know how they get
19 set if you don't explicitly set them, but you may want to do so for
20 more understandable control of your system.