From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:15:44
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:56:12 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > > Well, you built the kernel, so you should know.
4 >
5 > Well, since I basically just used a kernel .config that someone else
6 > originally set up, copying .config over and running make oldconfig when
7 > upgrading over the years, stumbling through any changes that broke
8 > anything (like when some changes to iptables broke my firewall back
9 > around 2.6.2x), I really didn't know - but I just confirmed that it is
10 > indeed built into my kernels, so, now, how do I know if I am *using* it
11 > or not?
12
13 If CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE contains a path, that is the initramfs you are
14 using. If it is empty and there is no initrd set in GRUB, you are not
15 using one.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 New Intel opcode #007 PUKE: Put unmeaningful keywords everywhere