From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean / db & php loop
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 11:29:20
1 On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:42:49 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Earlier today emerge --depclean wouldn't remove db because 3
4 > programs needed it so I rebuilt the 3 programs but it's still
5 > complaining about php. Sometimes I'll just remove the problem package
6 > - like db in this case - and then let an emerge -DuN @world /
7 > revdep-rebuild fix it, but I wanted to be careful with db as it might
8 > be important to portage or eix.
9 >
10 > What's the right way to fix this?
11
12 The way you normally do, unmerge that specific db package then re-emerge
13 the packages that depended on it. Or, as suggested elsewhere, get rid of
14 the berkdb USE flag.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Voting Democrat or Republican is like choosing a cabin in the Titanic.