From: James Colby <jcolby@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] IPtables question
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:46:46
List members -

I have a small home server that I have connected to the internet
through a linksys router and cable modem.  The linksys router is
currently forwarding all ssh traffic to my gentoo box.  What I would
like to do is set up iptables to only allow ssh logins from a small
number of internet hosts, and to reject and log all other ssh
attempts.  Can someone please help me out with this.  All of the
tutorials and documentation that I have found are setting up a fully
functioning firewall / NAT / proxy, and I think that is a little
overkill for my needs.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide,
James