From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I am a "f*****g retard". Can you help me?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:57:13
1 Hi Vaeth,
2 on Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:34:31AM +0200, you wrote:
3 > The problem is that after failing of a package, portage does
4 > not recalculate the dependencies, i.e. it will attempt to install also
5 > those packages which depend on the failed package.
6
7 OIC, so that was what I missed :) Somehow the thread got split up and I
8 missed your answer.
9
10 > In the presence of a --keep-going option, it is now fortunately not
11 > necessary anymore to weight the pros and cons. Of course, to insult
12 > somebody just because he weighted the pros and cons differently is beyond
13 > any acceptable limit.
14
15 ++
16 I'd say "reimplement it properly" (i.e. check the deps) is always the
17 better approach than "the old implementation is b0rken so let's declare
18 the functionality so and not reimplement it at all".
19
20 cheers,
21 Matthias
22 --
23 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
24 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665