From: Jil Larner <jil@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntp large drift (frequency error, frequent time resets)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:23:24
1 Hi,
2
3 Alexander Puchmayr a écrit :
4 > I think I have a problem with the system time, which is considerable too slow.
5 > It looses about 3 seconds every 20 minutes (i.e. ~10 secs/hour or 4 minutes
6 > per day). This seems to be too much for ntp to compensate.
7
8 Is it physical or virtual environment? If virtual, clock issues are
9 common and, in case of VMWare, their tools handle them because ntp
10 cannot. Still, never use a virtual machine as a time reference.
11
12 If it's physical, my two cents are clueless. Maybe you wish to reduce
13 the frequency of the clock; I know it's a kernel parameter, but don't
14 remember which one.
15
16 Best regards,
17 Jil