From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET & libreoffice
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 20:16:22
1 On 27/02/16 21:40, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I don't know much about PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET and PYTHON_TARGET, it all
3 > seemed to just work so I never looked further. Until now. Of all
4 > packages, libreoffice seems to want only python3:
5 >
6 > I can set it in make.conf but as expected that causes all manner of
7 > other packages to fail emerge checks as they need python2.7.
8 >
9 > What's the preferred way to deal with this situation?
10
11 PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
12 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4"
13
14 For packages that require another PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET version, you can
15 set "python_single_target_python2_7" in package.use. For example:
16
17 app-text/asciidoc python_single_target_python2_7
18
19 The reverse is also true. You can set:
20
21 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
22
23 in make.conf, and then set "python_single_target_python3_4" in
24 package.use for packages that require 3.4:
25
26 app-office/libreoffice python_single_target_python3_4
27
28 I use the first method.
29
30 Yes, it's a PITA :-)
33 PS:
34 Another syntax is also available for package.use:
35
36 app-text/asciidoc <other USE flags> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: python2_7
37
38 Just saw a blog post about it; I think it's undocumented and works for
39 all USE_EXPAND flags. The downside is that it has to appear at the end
40 of the line.