From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel setting for frame buffer (2.6.23-r5)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:00:56
1 On Wednesday 9 January 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > By the way about the vga= setting. I grabbed a chart from some where
4 > long ago showing the notation I was using:
5 >
6 > ## 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024
7 > ## 256 0x301 0x303 0x305 0x307
8 > ## 32k 0x310 0x313 0x316 0x319
9 > ## 64k 0x311 0x314 0x317 0x31A
10 > ## 16M 0x312 0x315 0x318 0x31B
11
12 That is correct. You can use the hex values in the config.
13
14 > do you know of a chart that shows the decimal notation like you
15 > posted? (Its not in `man vga')
16
17 No, I just did the math :-)
18
19 > And I don't recall where I got that from... where ever it was, it
20 > probably also has the decimal equivalents.
21
22 I think I found the vga=791 line in some ancient LILO sample config file
23 (even before I started using Gentoo) and I stuck with it since then. But
24 again, it does not matter whether you use hex or decimal, as long as the
25 value you use is the same.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list