From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [SOLVED] Automatically copy a file to a different location after package install/update
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:49:46
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > You can define functions as for ebuilds to have them executed in here.
5 > For example, for one package that I wanted to apply a patch
6 > from /etc/portage/patches, but didn't call epatch_user from its ebuild,
7 > I put this in /etc/portage/env/cat/pkg
8
9 I'm most interested in what you guys are discussing, so thanks...
10 Maybe the result of this thread belongs either in the devManual
11 or some example linked to the devManual?
12
13 > post_src_unpack() {
14 > cd "${S}"
15 > epatch_user
16 > }
19 Didn't I read somewhere that 'epatch' is changing in EAPI 6 or 7?
20
21 That may affect your solution?
22
23 Maybe a better solution is to put this function/feature into
24 one of the eclasses?
25
26 (note, I'm no expert here so ..... a dev or 2 might want to chime
27 in or verify? )
28
29 curiously,
30 James