From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emergeing Firefox 35.0 breaks Ghostery ... fixable?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:26:34
1 Brian Hesdorfer <zerophnx@×××××.com> [15-01-13 14:49]:
2 >
3 > On 1/13/2015 12:53 AM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > >Hi,
5 > >
6 > >emergeing Firefox 35.0 runs without problems...but:
7 > >The plugin Ghostery (blocks tracker) fails to start
8 > >and a reinstallations ends with this error message
9 > >(popup):
10 > >
11 > >"Ghostery cannot be installed because Firefox cannot
12 > >modify the needed file."
13 > >
14 > >Is this a proble of the plugin, a wrong permissions
15 > >setting via emerge/ebuild or a problem of my Gentoo
16 > >box?
17 > >
18 > >How can I fix it -- a downgrade to the previous version
19 > >(34.0.5-r1) is not possible, since one had decided to
20 > >remove that version from the ebuilds ???
21 > >
22 > >Best regards,
23 > >mcc
27 > Have you run firefox from a terminal?
28 >
29 > Sometimes it prints out extra lines that explain error messages better.
30 >
31 > If that doesn't help, I'd try removing the addon, restarting firefox,
32 > and installing it again.
35 Hi Brian,
36
37 ...I created a new profile and reinstalled everything...
38 I am on the way to successfull new start...
39 <sigh>
40
41 best
42 mcc