From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - grep: The -P option is not supported
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:56:26
1 I have a script I wrote a couple of weeks ago. Part of the script scans
2 email files and returns IP addresses found in them. I did this with
3 this command:
4
5 cat * | grep -Po "\[\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+\]"
6
7 It worked fine right up until this afternoon. Now I get this:
8
9 michael@bullet ~/spam $ cat * | grep -Po "\[\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+\]"
10 grep: The -P option is not supported
11 michael@bullet ~/spam $
12
13 AFAIK, the only thing I've done between when it worked this morning and
14 when it didn't this afternoon is started an emerge -ND world on bullet.
15 Has anyone experienced this? Should it go away on its own after the
16 emerge finishes, or is this functionality that has been phased out?
17 What can I do about it otherwise?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list