From: "Nico Schümann" <nico.schuemann@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Power butten
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:23:42
1 2006/9/15, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2 > On Friday 15 September 2006 11:58, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > Thanks! I hadn't spotted this article. I've tried adding the following two
4 > lines in /etc/acpid/event/default but nothing much happened (as per the log
5 > further down):
6 >
7 > event=button[ /]power.*
8 > action=/usr/sbin/hibernate-ram
9
10 Well, my configuration slightly differs from your one.
11 --- /etc/acpid/events/default
12 >event=.*
13 >action=/etc/acpi/default.sh %e
14
15 --- /etc/acpid/default.sh
16 >set $*
17 >
18 >group=${1/\/*/}
19 >action=${1/*\//}
20 >
21 >case "$group" in
22 > button)
23 > case "$action" in
24 > power) echo disk > /sys/power/state
25 > ;;
26 > sleep) echo disk > /sys/power/state
27 > ;;
28 > *) logger "ACPI action $action is not defined"
29 > ;;
30 > esac
31 > ;;
32 >
33 > *)
34 > logger "ACPI group $group / action $action is not defined"
35 > ;;
36 >esac
37
38 button/power and button/sleep are _not_ the same and as the log tells
39 us, it's a button/sleep event. If I get this right, in your
40 configuration, only a button/power is handeled.
41
42 Regards,
43 Nico
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list