From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:10:33
1 On Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:26:56 PM German wrote:
2 > If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down, however when I run
3 poweroff from user -- command not found. How to shut down the system from user?
4 Thanks
8 The command not found part is because /sbin and /usr/sbin and on gentoo it's
9 not on your PATH env var by default.
10
11 I think it's supposed to be a security measure but really it provides no
12 security whatsoever so I always add it to my path. After that you'll be able
13 to shutdown if there's no other active sessions, otherwise you should be
14 prompted for password.
17 Fernando Rodriguez